Title: Office Coordinator - Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies/General Education
Department: College of Interdisciplinary Studies
Coordinates a variety of duties for a department/office in which discretion and judgment concerning the procedures to use or policies to follow is required.
- Assist with the design, implementation and maintenance and assessment process that is accurate, minimizes workload, and maximizes effectiveness.
- Coordinate and distribute assessment materials.
- Collect, analyze, and manage assessment data.
- Ensure accuracy and GE information in all University materials and websites.
- Work with Institutional Marketing to produce the General Education Handbook and GE Quick Guide.
- Distribute General Education information to Faculty teaching GE courses each semester.
- General office duties.
- Manage the General Education website and e-mail account.
- Process phone calls about General Education.
- Manage General Education budget.
- Assist in planning meetings for the General Education Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Typing and spelling competency.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications (Excel, Adobe, Power Point, Word, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize/prioritize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Higher education experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with CMS 3.0 for website development.
- Some college course work.
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
May direct the work of student employees.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Revised Date: November 2013
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.