Title: Charter Schools Office Assistant
Department: Charter Schools
Assist Administrative Officer in carrying out his or her office responsibilities, performing administrative work of a confidential nature and manage daily operations of the Charter Schools Office performing administrative work of a confidential nature.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Assist with coordination of professional development events statewide.
· Assist with development and distribution of documents for events.
· Track and record participation.
· Obtain and produce evaluation data.
· Maintain and audit office database systems.
· Maintain and audit office electronic and paper filing systems.
· Remain current with best office practices for record keeping and ensure integrity of office documents.
· Act as Purchase Card administrator on behalf of the Charter Schools Office.
· Ace as liaison with university and external accounting offices.
· Act as point of contact for all Charter Schools Office business practices, ensure office compliance with University Business Office standards and field questions regarding financial matters.
· Assist by drafting and monitoring vendor contracts.
· Assist to Process, submit and maintain a set of complex budgetary records by performing bookkeeping related duties such as; maintaining budget records, process expenditures including grants, reimbursements, interdepartmental charges, honorariums, vendor payments, State Aid payments, track Travel & Expense reimbursements, etc.
· Assist with the Charter Schools Office Staff Meetings by preparing appropriate materials, minutes and other accommodations.
· Assist Project Coordinator with projects, problems, or issues that involve planning and coordination of work.
· Assist with designs, edits, and distribution of appropriate supporting materials.
· Assist with the coordination and development of the Annual Report among other Charter School Office publications.
· Assist in writing for publications, grant proposals, award letters, press releases, etc.
· Design, edit and distribute materials using Microsoft Office Software, including bulk mailings, correspondence materials requiring research, judgment and discretion for internal/external communications.
· Act with a high degree of independence as a liaison with internal and external contacts and departments in preparing materials, updates, and other functions related to Charter Schools Office business.
· Hire, train, discipline, terminate, supervise and approve ultra time hours for student employees.
· Answer phones, respond to general inquiries, process and investigate office initiatives and other duties as assigned.
· Ensure professional and welcoming environment for Charter Schools Office guests.
Qualifications and Education:
· Minimum of five years of experience in a position which required demonstration of administrative and organizational skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Related college course work/degree may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirements.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully work under pressure, with multiple interruptions and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully provide quality customer service.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate large projects.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully handle differing situations and problems in the work routine by exercising judgment.
· Ability to function within general assignment of responsibilities.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
· Bachelors Degree
· Experience in higher education.
· Experience in charter schools and familiarity with school board administrative procedures.
· Experience in the creation and publication of promotional materials.
· Experience planning events.
· Public relations experience including the writing of press releases and familiarity with social media.
· Budget management experience.
· Knowledge of SB-CEU approval and tracking process.
· Supervisory experience.
· Familiarity with university Business Office policies and procedures.
Revised Date: August 2011 For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.