Title: Records Assistant - Pew Campus, Student Assistance Center
Department: Registrar's Office
Provides customer service and support for a variety of functions within the Student Assistance Center.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Assists customers on the telephone and in person.
- Provides information and completes transactions as required by students.
- Works at the service center - answers questions, receives and provides paperwork for responding to customer needs and performs typical administrative functions such as registering students, cash operations (both student and building), providing admissions information, producing transcripts, etc.
- Interprets regulations and procedures and responds appropriately.
- Uses information provided by computerized reporting to monitor and maintain the quality and accuracy of data.
- Registers students.
- Keeps supervisor informed about the unit's activities and any problems that need resolution.
- Make recommendations for improved functioning of the unit.
- Serves as resource person for faculty, staff and students within areas of expertise.
- Assists in the preparation and revision of forms and letters used by the unit.
- Counts out cash drawers and prepares for deposit.
- Loads and maintains data to the student information system.
- Responsible for daily monitoring of activities at the transaction center.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assures a prompt response to student requests for packets of information.
- Assists with the financial aid paperwork for students.
- Backup telephones for the Pew Campus, as necessary.
- Assists with mailings, as necessary.
- Monitors inventory.
- Assist in student service office, as necessary.
- Supervise student employees.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years related experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience in successful keyboard proficiency.
- Some college course work.
- Higher education work experience.
- Supervisory experience.
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Hire, train, supervises, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions, such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COT's, but is not the decision-maker.
Revised Date: October 2001
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.