Title: Continuing Education Office Coordinator
Department: Continuing Education/Distance Education
Provide administrative and clerical support to the Directors of Continuing Education. Coordinating and assisting with the implementation of projects, events and services that are provided by the Office of Continuing Education.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the completion and quality of the clerical work for the department/office including mail, reports, forms and data graphs.
- Compile statistical information.
- Assist with Online Course Development and process payments including finances.
- Coordinating Community Engagement events and functions.
- Attendance at Community Engagement events (some evenings).
- Answers inquiries requiring explanation and interpretation of established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for regular contact with students and faculty regarding schedules and questions.
- Responsible for organizing data with accuracy.
- Aceware registrations and responsibilities.
- Serve as backup for telephones, registrations, and other walk-in traffic.
- Work with Banner System to monitor budget and prepare monthly reports.
- Supervise student employees as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Phone responsibilities and greeting guests to the department.
- Assist with ITV room assignments.
- Attend on site registrations for the department.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain the offices financial records including reconciling budget reports.
- Maintain and devise filing and record keeping systems using manual or computerized systems.
- Orders and maintains supplies for the office.
- Prepare standard reports.
- Responsible for scheduling meetings for the Directors of continuing Education.
- Compile enrollment reports and statistics for Department.
- Respond to faculty and student concerns and suggestions for improvements.
- Process and monitor purchasing card.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of 3 years of related and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience with data bases and internet searches.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications (Word, Excel and Access).
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Some college course work.
- Higher education experience.
- Knowledge of academic terminology.
- Supervisory experience.
- Community events coordinating experience.
- Knowledge of Banner/Student Information Systems.
Receives general instruction form designated supervisors, but it generally expected to work independently.
Revised Date: March 2011
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.