Title: Admissions Communication Coordinator
Assure the functioning of the Admissions Mail Room in support of the recruitment activities of the University.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing an output of over 810,000 pieces of mail per year in compliance with the Universities admissions recruitment plan.
- Responsible for managing the available human resources to meet the goals established by the recruitment plan. This includes prioritizing competing tasks, deadlines and mailings by analyzing and determining the current status of the recruitment cycle.
- Maintains a record keeping system of procedures, dates, deadlines and turn around time of work processed, both manually and computerized.
- Orders and maintains inventory of various admissions/records forms and supplies.
- Maintains knowledge of postal regulations to insure that mailings meet postal standards and coordinates with the GVSU general mail room external and internal mailings.
- Maintains historical information to support accurate ad hoc reporting.
- Loads and maintains data to the student information system.
- Receives, routes, processes and distributes admissions mail.
- Supervises and participates in the completion of large mailings (60,000+) in support of the Admissions recruitment effort.
- Assures the proper distribution of supplies in response to campus departmental requests.
- Extensive data entry.
- Uses information provided by computerized reporting to monitor and maintain the quality and accuracy of data.
- Responsible for monitoring the daily functioning of the Admissions Mail
- Room and the accuracy of its work which includes generating computerized reports and other quality assurance processes.
- Keeps supervisor informed about the units activities and any problems that need resolution.
- Makes recommendations for improved functioning of the unit.
- Assures a prompt response to student request for packets of information.
- Supervise student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists at the graduation commencement ceremony.
- Assists in the preparation and revision of forms used within the admissions mail room.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School graduate.
- Minimum of three years related experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully perform keyboard proficiency.
- Must be able to make deliveries to various departments on campus.
- Must be able to perform work duties/responsibilities for extended periods of time.
- This requires extensive standing, sitting, walking and lifting.
- Demonstrated ability to lift approximately 60 pounds or less.
- Some college coursework.
- Higher education experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Two years of related mail room experience.
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions, such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COT's, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: July 2000
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.