Title: Office Coordinator - Accounting/Controller's Office
Department: Accounting and Taxation
Job Summary: Coordinate and provide support for the Accounting Office and Controller`s Office.
Primary Duties and Global Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of more than 5% of your job.)
- Set up all University accounts: Secure proper signature authority approval and check for accuracy of detail on the Request to Add a New Account (RANA) form.
- Maintain Chart of Accounts (signature authority, account structure codes changes/additions); email messages for value-based security (VBS); answer user questions regarding FRS production problems; trouble shoot FRS security problems with Computer Analyst.
- Help FRS users with screen inquiries, how to read line items, object codes, open commitments and budget balances. Conduct basic FRS training sessions (group and individual) for all new users. Includes initial review of user screens and instructions on how to log-on and off FRS.
- FRS screen security set up. Coordinate the assignment of RACFID (User ID) numbers. Maintain the HRS (Human Resource System) screen security. Assist with e~Print authorizations and training.
- Screen all grant contracts and proposals for detail and accuracy. Includes amount of award, period of award, budget, matching requirements, and federal pass-though dollars (A-133). Prepare cover memos for new grant accounts; assist with the preparation of the A-133 audit distribution to granting agencies.
- Develop and maintain the Payroll and Accounting websites. Including use of Blackboard and Microsoft Frontpage software.
- Schedule meetings and maintain supervisor`s schedule.
- Maintain all clerical activity pertaining to the hiring of COT and Administrative Professional staff.
- Maintain records for Purchasing Card use in the Accounting Office.
- Ability to understand and interpret data off of the appropriate mainframe system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities: (Related duties in addition to primary duties and responsibilities, usually less than 5%.)
- Assists with installation of system upgrades and new programs.
- Schedule and coordinate special events and functions.
- Order office supplies.
- Prepare reports for Administration.
- Organize unit archives.
- Assists with the training of campus users to new computerized systems and programs.
- Hires and supervises student employees.
- Assists with year end audits, surveys and special projects in the Controller`s Office.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related experience - including work experience in a business office.
- Demonstrated experience working with accounting systems.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications - including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Associates degree in related courses.
- Business office or accounting experience.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring computer security.
- Demonstrated experience working with a chart of accounts.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining websites.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Supervision Exercised: (Whom do you supervise?)
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions, such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COT`s, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: January 2003
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.