Title: Financial Aid Assistant - Front Desk
Department: Financial Aid Office
Job Summary: Support Financial Aid Office in processing materials and information pertaining to financial aid awards.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Maintains department inventory and supplies.
- Processes purchase orders and requisitions.
- Processes receipt of individual documentation as part of CPS (Control Processing System).
- Processes outside agency scholarship checks.
- Processes student aid reports.
- Processes short term emergency loans.
- Coordinates verification process.
- Data entry.
- Coordinates entrance and exit interviews/counseling.
- Opens and distributes mail.
- Coordinates application process as required by Federal law.
- Maintains office planning calendar.
- Maintains student files.
- Assists customers in person and through phone contacts.
- Supervises student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Back-up phones as necessary.
- Back-up reception area as necessary.
- Handle correspondence relating to loan programs.
- Process award letters.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years related experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience in successful keyboard proficiency.
- Some college course work.
- Higher education work experience.
- Supervisory experience.
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions, such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COTs, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: September 1997
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.