Title: TV Traffic Coordinator
Provides assistance in processing information for on-air broadcast for WGVU/WGVK.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of more than 5% of your job.)
- Gather, interpret, organize and process on-air radio log information to finished product.
- Create daily events listing. Gather organize, and process miscellaneous requests for equipment usage.
- Maintain video tape library. Pull tapes for on-air, re-shelve, organize and perform related computer entry.
- Traffic system maintenance to produce reports and process miscellaneous requests.
- Process requests for service via electronic mail.
- Supervise student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of less than 5% of your job.)
- Back-up main computer system.
- Attend and schedule switchboard back-up.
- Shipping and receiving for program tapes and general station needs.
- Enter and maintain traffic underwriting orders for television and radio.
- Perform reconciliation of underwriting spots on daily on-air logs for television and radio.
- Maintain public file for television and radio both on and off site.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate
- Minimum of three years broadcast traffic experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use various computer software applications.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Some college course work.
- Higher education experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of Columbine or other broadcast software.
- Ability to organize own work and coordinate work activities.
- Working knowledge of on-air processing.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Supervision Exercised: (Whom do you supervise?)
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COT's, but it not the decision maker.
Revised Date: September 1997
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.