Title: Bookstore Receiving Coordinator
Oversee bookstore shipping and receiving operation. Provide backup and support to Copy Center & Mailroom operations at Pew Campus.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities - Accounting:
- Supervise the receiving and logging of bookstore shipments.
- Check each shipment for damaged goods and discrepancies. Notify buyer and /or vendor. Return damaged goods and verify credit for shortages.
- Produce receiving documents, record merchandise counts, and note discrepancies between purchase order and vendor packing slip.
- Enter receiving data on computer. Supervise the pricing and direct the placement and/or stocking of merchandise.
- Hire, train and supervise students and temporary employees in the receiving area.
- Process textbook returns, verify quantities, and complete paperwork.
- Assist with buyback, including: cleaning, sorting, pricing, and restocking of buyback inventory.
- Oversee deliveries of Central Stores and Copy Center orders.
- Oversee the processing of all mail order shipments.
- Organize and maintain receiving room storage units.
- Secondary Duties & Responsibilities: (Related duties in addition to primary duties and responsibilities, usually less than 5%).
- Order supplies for receiving area.
- Assist with the data entry of requisitions and the processing of textbook invoices.
- Perform duties associated with bookstore opening and closing and oversee entire bookstore operation on selected weekends.
- Assist on bookstore sales floor and cash registers as needed at peak times.
- Oversee bookstore van usage and maintenance.
- Operate copy machine and oversee mailroom operations in the absence of Copy Center/Mailroom Coordinator.
- Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years retail experience with bookstore experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule with some evening and weekend hours.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Some college course work.
- Higher education experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Some experience in a retail shipping/receiving environment.
- Familiarity with college store database management systems.
- Familiarity with materials handling equipment and procedures.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Supervision Exercised:(Whom do you supervise?)
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions, such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COT's, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: July 2009
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.