Title: General Office Coordinator
Department: College of Education
Coordinates a variety of duties for a department/office in which discretion and judgment concerning the procedures to use and policies to follow is required.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities: (Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of more than 5% of your job.)
- Audits and processes field practicum, project and thesis applications, provides customer service to graduate students, faculty and staff, coordinates student field assignments with graduate program directors, Deans office and IT.
- Answers inquiries requiring explanation and interpretation of established policies and procedures and departmental policies and procedures, directs individuals to sources of additional information.
- Receives information in various forms and determines the appropriate method of processing.
- Responsible for the coordination and the quality of the front office clerical work for the department/office which includes answering telephones, providing information, or routing calls to appropriate person; open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, including bulk mailings; typing memos and other correspondence; maintain office filing system.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating filing information, record keeping systems, paper and/or computer.
- Compiles and logically formats statistical data and reports.
- Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures, and directs individuals to sources of additional information.
- Generates reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials, brochures, spreadsheets and graphics, and other similar materials using various computer systems.
- Supervises student employees and may act as lead worker for other COTs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Access-able to manipulate table and query records by sorting and filtering, export data and create requested reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word-able to manipulate spreadsheet data, sort and filter, create requested reports, and create mail merges.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Demonstrated experience to work successfully under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to maintain positive interpersonal relationships and work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience to operate office equipment successfully.
- Demonstrated experience to provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Type 50 wpm accurately; spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
- Demonstrated experience to use various computer software applications successfully.
- Demonstrated experience to work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others successfully.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience using Banner and Blackboard.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor but is generally expected to work independently.
Supervision Exercised: (Whom do you supervise?)
Schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department. May participate in personnel decisions, such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COTs, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: October 2009
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.