Title: Academic Department Coordinator-Traverse City
Department: Physician Assistant Studies
- Receives information in various forms and determines the appropriate method of processing.
- Responsible for the coordination/completion and the quality of the clerical work for the department/office which includes answering telephones, providing information, or routing calls to appropriate person; open and route incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, including bulk mailings; typing memos and other correspondence; maintain office filing system.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating filing information, record keeping systems; paper and/or computer.
- Compiles and logically formats statistical data and reports.
- Disseminates information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures, and directs individuals to sources of additional information.
- Monitor departmental Banner, reviews budget reports, and reconciles the reports with the department/offices records.
- Aide in the generation of reports, memorandums, correspondence, presentation materials, brochures, spreadsheets and graphics, and other similar materials using various computer systems.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies; processing travel vouchers, requisitions, IDCs, I-9s and other various university forms.
- Supervise student employees and may act as lead worker for other COTs.
- Process student employee timecards and maintain appropriate records monitoring available dollars.
- Maintain/schedule for orientation/advising/special projects/ programs/events for departments.
- Acts as liaison between department chair, faculty, staff, students and outside agencies and organization. Performs and coordinates scheduling tasks and support services associated with preparing and making arrangements for major meetings, conferences, exhibits, travel, or other related duties for both internal and external contact.
- Assist in academic year scheduling of courses, classrooms, times, and faculty for the department.
- Coordinate student evaluation process for faculty.
- Work independently.
- Work in coordination with the clinical Coordinators of the PAS department at developing and maintaining clinical sites in the Traverse City area.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- All of these duties are specific to the distant learning campus in Traverse City. The COT will work hand-in-hand with the COT located at the main campus. The distribution of duties and responsibilities between both COTs will be determined by the chair of the department with input from both COTs.
- NCCPA student log
- Graduation paperwork
- Work with director on budget
- PANCE Preparation
- Work with the director for program assessment
- Assist the faculty in the admissions process.
- PACKRAT (PA student testing) preparation
- Support clinical coordinator in the EOR meetings and exams for Traverse City site.
Supervised by a designated supervisor, but is expected to work independently and apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Revised Date: October 2013
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.