Title: Technology Support Assistant-Center for Adult Continuing Studies
Department: Holland Campus
Responsible for providing technical, hardware and software support services to faculty, staff and students at the Holland, Traverse City and MCC campuses and across Continuing Education.
- Provides technical support for students and faculty at regional locations and continuing education staff including computer labs, copiers, printers, classroom equipment and shared office space, network access and wireless access.
- Operates tests and monitors multimedia technology equipment during academic/non-academic classes, events, and activities.
- Assembles, installs, repairs and maintains microcomputers, audio visual, and other similar electronic equipment including replacing hard drives and internal components, reimaging lab and office computers and replacing projectors
- Identifies equipment malfunctions, trouble shoots problems and performs minor repairs and routine maintenance.
- Addresses technical emergencies
- Provides technical support for GVSU supported software (ooVoo, Blackboard, Banner, etc)
- Assists Director in the development of the annual technology budget.
- Maintains inventory of computers, supplies and other technology related equipment.
- Supports Meijer Campus computer labs (ensure lab counts, orders and maintains inventory of paper and toner).
- Acts as a liaison with MCC and Traverse City technical staff and identifies and communicates technical issues and needs.
- Acts as a liaison with GVSU IT staff.
- Assists Continuing Education with special events.
- Supervises student technology workers as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Updates Director on short and long term goals, projects, trends and necessary purchases.
- May be required at times to serve in a backup capacity for front desk servicesRequired Qualifications:
- High school graduate supplemented by two years of technical training.
- Minimum of three years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activity of others.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance record.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment such as computers, printers, monitors, TVs, etc.
- Working knowledge of AV production equipment, systems design, electronics and audio systems and strong computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Desire to stay current with technological advances in related fields.
Supervised by a designated supervisor, but is expected to work independently and apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Revised Date: October 2013
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.