Title: Athletic & Recreation Facilities Management Assistant
Department: Athletic & Recreation Facilities Management
Job Summary: Leading Scheduling Coordinator for Athletic & Recreation Facilities Management.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
· Assist Athletic & Recreation Facilities Management Director and Associate Director with day-to-day department responsibilities, especially in the area of scheduling.
· Schedule and coordinate interdepartmental, on –campus and community events/functions using the Event Management System (EMS).
· Answer phones, provide information, and route calls to the appropriate persons or departments.
· Assist the Athletic & Recreation Facilities Management Director and Associate Director with office organization, and scheduling of meetings and appointments.
· Update Athletic & Recreation Facilities websites when needed and posts on the university business board pertinent information including changes in facilities hours; notifying the campus community of changes in operating hours or facilities closures or limitations.
· Prepare handouts for and lead the weekly ICA coaches’ practice scheduling meetings; coordinating facilities availabilities and making schedule changes as needed.
· Serve as the primary liaison for the Athletic & Recreation Facilities to the Department of Movement Science, maintaining close contact with the department coordinator and chair to facilitate their academic course facilities scheduling needs.
· Coordinate with the registrar’s office on space challenges for academic bookings in activity spaces.
· Coordinate all ICA requests for non-academic spaces with the registrar’s office.
· Collect requests and create weekly scheduling committee meeting agenda items, creating an avenue for customers to request venues in the Athletic & Recreation Facilities.
· Coordinate with Office of Student Life Director Associate Director and Assistant Directors, Facilities Services Custodial Supervisor, Facilities Services Maintenance Supervisor, and Facilities Planning Project Managers in order to discuss event and maintenance project scheduling.
· Submit work orders on select large events held in the FH Arena assisting customers as needed.
· Create and distribute weekly reports to other departments on campus, including the 3 Week Athletic & Recreation Facilities Event Listing and the FH & RC Lighting, HVAC Request.
· High school graduate.
· Minimum of five years office experience in a position requiring demonstration of administrative and organizational skills. Related college course work/degree may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirement.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully perform clerical/secretarial duties such as type 60 wpm, spelling competency – minimum of 80% accuracy, operate office equipment and computer software, and word processing.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully coordinate large projects.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
· Demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully handle differing situations and problems in the work routine by exercising judgment based on established policies and procedures.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
· Bachelors degree.
· Higher education work experience.
· Prior experience in conference services.
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction. This position requires a significant level of functional independence, in which, the individual holding the position is the only full time employee responsible for operations and building safety on a regular basis.
Directs the work of student employees.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Revised Date: October 2011 For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.