Title: Facilities Services Assistant
Department: Facilities Services
Provide support for the Director of Facilities Services and support projects and programs within Facilities Services.
· Provide clerical support for Assistant VP & AP Staff for Facilities. This includes calendar maintenance, meeting set up and preparation, travel arrangements, purchasing, mail processing, file maintenance, other clerical tasks for the division as assigned.
· Provide clerical support for Facilities Services – Bi-weekly processing of timecards for hourly and student employees, manage personnel records including employee vacation/sick and overtime, injury reports, attendance bonus etc., postings for student workers, mail processing, file maintenance, travel arrangements, process invoices, process supply requisitions, responsible for on-line requisitioning for invoices over $5,000.
· Motor pool – Coordinate, maintain vehicle registrations, license and maintenance records, process motor pool charge backs to departments.
· Postage-Maintain balances in post office permits, track and process charge backs to departments for postage.
· Budget reporting an analysis – Track base and working budget changes, assist with monthly budget reports, Investigate budget variances, assist with monthly analysis and projection, prepare special reports as requested.
· Member by appointment of Purl Cobb Memorial Training Committee – Serve as secretary for the Committee, process and track reimbursements requests, maintain records as required by by-laws, handle communication with Facilities Services and Planning Staff.
· Manage Facilities Services & Planning Website maintenance – Content management software expert for the unit, train COT staff in content management software, recommend changes to Website design and assist with implementation, work with COT staff to keep content and pictures updated.
· Assist with backup for Customer Service.
· Assist in management for front desk operation.
· Hire, train, and supervise student employees along with Facilities Planning Secretary.
· Assist with purchase of hardware/software.
· Maintain calendar for Conference Room A, in service building.
· High school graduate.
· Minimum of four years related office experience. Related college course work may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirement.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully use various computer software applications.
· Thorough knowledge of spreadsheet applications is essential.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
· Demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting.
· Higher education work experience.
· Familiarity with fund accounting methods.
· Familiarity with office operations in an architectural or construction firm.
Supervised by a designated supervisor (Director of Facilities Planning), but is expected to work independently and apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COT’s, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: February 2013 For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.