Title: Office Coordinator - Padnos International Center (International Student and Scholar Services)
Department: Padnos International Center
Responsibilities – Essential Functions
· Keep all student files accurate and updated.
· Monitor insurance requirement for all international students.
· Develop itineraries for international visiting scholars
· Track resignation status for all international students.
· Maintain University condominium calendar (including cleaning schedule).
· Maintain database for visiting scholars.
· Disseminate information that may require explanation and interpretation of established university and departmental policies and procedures, as well as immigration policies and directs individuals to the appropriate source for additional information.
· Monitor insurance budget.
· Generate reports, memorandums, correspondence, status verification letters, presentation materials spreadsheets and graphics, and other materials utilizing computer systems.
· Coordinates special events and functions (i.e. orientation sessions, Thanksgiving dinner, workshops, etc).
· Assist with Student Accounts, Financial Aid and Records for international student payment plans and credits.
· Send updated international rosters to appropriate on-campus representatives.
· Responsible for database entry, maintenance and record updates for multiple program database systems.
· Coordinate applications from partner institutions, where appropriate.
General Office Duties:
· Serve as back-up for phones and walk-ins.
· Provide information on international student issues.
· Welcome visitors and students.
· Participate in occasional activities associated with international visitors and students.
· Answer general study abroad questions.
· Prepare outgoing mail including bulk mailings.
· Receive incoming mail, sort and route mail.
· Type memos and other correspondence.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Education:
· High School graduate.
· Minimum of three years of related experience and/or relevant training.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated positive attitude with a collaborative approach.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully maintain positive intercultural and interpersonal relationships/communication.
· Demonstrated interest in international and intercultural issues.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality services.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Type 50 wpm accurately, spelling competency (minimum 80% accuracy).
· Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Access.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently and as a team player, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
· Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
· Some college course work.
· Overseas travel and/or living experience.
· Higher education experience.
· Second language skills.
Receives general instruction from a designated supervisor, but is generally expected to work independently.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than 5 days per week. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Revised Date: June 2011 For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.