Title: Health Compliance and Simulation Assistant
Department: Vice Provost for Health
Provides administrative and confidential clerical support for Health Compliance and the Simulation Center – Vice Provost for Health.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and confidential clerical support for the offices of Health Compliance Office and the Simulation Center including answering telephones, providing customer service for students/faculty/staff, managing calendars and correspondence, maintaining electronic/paper record keeping systems and materials, tracking data and coordination and implementation of projects and events.
- Responsible for the electronic health compliance system which includes the following: entering confidential client data, monitoring the system for accuracy, coordinating the processing of data, records and other similar information, generating reports.
- Compiles data from a variety of information sources and prepares reports for the Health Compliance Officer and Simulation Center as requested/needed by staff.
- Create and maintain organizational tracking system for completion and renewal process for University and program affiliation agreements.
- Obtains lists of student and faculty by department and college and provides them for upload into the Blackboard system.
- Enters student and faculty confidential health record materials into blackboard data base.
- Runs reports for completion rates for health record, annual CPR, and HIPPA and Blood Borne Pathogen on-line training.
- Coordinate Standard Patient Program Events – scheduled SP work dates, arrange parking, confirm work dates, submit payment requisitions, compile manuals and maintain database of SP pool.
- Coordinate Simulation events and departmental meetings and events which includes room reservations, IT/AV equipment set up for meetings, guest speaker arrangements, creating simulation folders for guests, disseminating visitor parking information and passes, and any other details necessary for the event.
- Process invoices and contracts for external agencies using GVSU Simulation Center
- Support learning resource lab with payment of student workers.
- Coordinate search process for health compliance and simulation employment searches.
- Coordinate departmental new staff orientation (id card, parking, phone, computer, IT access/codes, banner orientation, etc.)
- Process travel and reimbursement vouchers for simulation team and health compliance staff.
- Backup supervisor for approval of ultra time hours for student workers.
- Provide back up clerical support for Office of Vice Provost for Health as needed (vacations, sick days, etc).
- Create and maintain a filing system for health compliance and simulation materials (contracts, documents, etc).
- Updates the Simulation Center, Health Compliance Office, and Office of the Vice Provost for Health web-site.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for scanning and all data entry of information needed for the compliance program.
- Prepares documents for scanning.
- Monitors functions of the scanner.
- Responsible for quality control of scanned documents.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate
- Minimum four years related experience (prefer medical office setting) and/or training.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of HIPPA privacy laws.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work, and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use a variety of computer software applications (Word, Access, Excel, Groupwise, Banner)
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle differing situations and problems in the work routine by exercising good judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Higher Education Experience
- Experience in a medical office/setting
Revised Date: June 2010
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.