Title: Pew Campus & Regional Centers Operations Assistant
Department: Operations - Pew Campus & Regional Centers
Job Summary: Acts as a general assistant to the Director of Pew Campus & Regional Centers Operations, performing non-routine office functions which substantially contribute to the departments objectives.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
· Provides administrative and clerical support for the AVP of Pew Operations, including calendar maintenance, travel arrangements, mail processing, file maintenance and other clerical tasks as assigned.
· Performs administrative work of a confidential nature for the AVP.
· Coordinates and performs administrative and clerical duties to maintain efficient operation of departmental programs. This may involve planning, coordinating activities, analyzing data, preparing reports and making recommendations.
· Responsible for the purchasing and accounting process for the department.
· Processes a variety of University and departmental paperwork according to standard procedures and/or mandated requirements observing the confidential nature and sensitivity of certain materials.
· Responds to questions and complaints and resolves problems which may require substantial knowledge and interpretation of University and Pew Operations policies and procedures.
· Represents the unit at meetings and special event planning sessions as requested by AVP.
· Acts with high degree of independence as liaison with inside and outside contacts, preparing meeting materials, minutes, programs and updates.
· Responsible for comprehensive recordkeeping and accounting for Presidential Residence operation.
· Assists with special event coordination at the Presidential Residence.
· Responsible for comprehensive recordkeeping and accounting for parking auxiliary budgets.
· Maintains and reconciles department budgets using available software.
· Maintains vendor and service history for Pew Campus & Regional Centers Operations.
· Responsible for notification of Pew Campus & Regional Center departments in case of operation emergencies such as power outage, fire alarm issues, etc.
· Hires, trains and supervises students and clerical employees and temp clerical.
Required Qualifications and Education:
· High school graduate.
· Minimum of four years of related experience in a position requiring demonstration of administrative and organizational skills. Related college course work may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirement.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive personal relationships.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment, including computer software.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple demands.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully learn and use a variety of computer hardware and software systems and applications.
· Demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity.
· Through knowledge of spreadsheet applications is essential.
· Demonstrated experience to successfully perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Higher education work experience.
Supervised by a designated supervisor (AVP of Pew Campus & Regional Centers Operations) but is expected to work independently and apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Hire, train, schedule and coordinate the work of student and temporary employees and may act as a lead worker to other COT staff members within the department. May participate in personnel decisions such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COT staff, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: August 2011 For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.