Title: Controllers Office Assistant
Department: Business & Finance Office
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Chart of Accounts for the University. Process all requests for fund codes, new grant codes, new organization codes.
- Set up grant accounting file for all new grant awards. Review the file for all proper documentation.
- Oversee Chart of Account reorganizations.
- Banner Finance help desk answer end-user questions and take appropriate action to solve problems. Troubleshoot end-user difficulties.
- Use of ad hoe reporting (ARGOS) to facilitate annual departmental review of Banner Finance end user security and approvals/signature authority.
- Establish, maintain, and update security profiles and approval queues in the Banner system for all Finance users.
- Develop and facilitate individual and group Banner Finance trainings.
- Develop and update Banner Finance training materials for both Internet Native and Self Service Banner.
- Administrator of the Office Depot system. Establish maintain, and update all user profiles, FOAPs, and delivery addresses. Point of contact for user questions and problems.
- Reconciliation of clearing accounts for Development and TV.
- Maintain records and reconcile monthly purchasing card transactions for the Accounting Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Controller with special projects as assigned.
- Perform clerical support for the University Controller.
- Calendar management for the University Controller and backup for the calendars of the Asst. VPs of Business & Finance and University Budgets.
- Coordinate new employee searches.
- Disseminate departments invoices through the On Base system.
- Responsible for online requisitioning for the Accounting Office.
- Create and modify all forms relating to the Chart of Accounts.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of four years related experience. Related college course work may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirement.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully use various computer software applications.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving skills.
- Attention to details and accuracy in data entry skills.
- Bachelors degree.
- Higher education work experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with administrative applications.
- Experience with computer system conversions.
Supervision Received: (Who provides supervision?)
Supervised by a designated supervisor, but is expected to work independently and apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Supervision Exercised: (Whom do you supervise?)
Hire, train, schedule and coordinate the work of student employees and may act as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COTs, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: August 2009
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.