Title: Records Auditor-Registration Unit
Lead person for the unit responsible for registration, room scheduling, and course scheduling.
Primary Duties & Global Responsibilities:
(Must be able to perform these duties; usually consist of more than 5% of your job.)
- Assists individuals on the phone and in person. Provides information and completes transactions as required by students.
- Works at the service counter-answers questions, receives and provides paperwork for responding to customer needs and performs typical administrative functions such as registering students, cash operations, providing admissions information, producing transcripts, etc.
- Interprets regulations and procedures and responds appropriately.
- Uses information provided by computerized reporting to monitor and maintain the quality and accuracy of data.
- Registers students.
- Keeps supervisor informed about the units activities and any problems that need resolution. Makes recommendations for improved functioning of the unit.
- Serves as a lead resource person for faculty, staff and students within areas of expertise.
- Performs duties characteristic of the lower classified Records Assistants in the unit.
- Assists in the preparation and revision of forms, reports, and letters used by the unit.
- Supervise student employees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
(Related duties in addition to primary duties and responsibilities, usually less than 5%).
- Serves on the Customer Service Panel on a rotating basis.
- Works at commencement.
- Assists other units within the Student Assistance Center during high demand times.
- Primary contact in the unit for any questions, issues, or concerns related to registration, room scheduling, and course scheduling.
- Responsible for generating ad-hoc reports through various reporting tools, including Argos and SAS.
- Responsible for monitoring the daily functioning of the unit and the accuracy of its work which includes generating computerized reports and other quality assurance processes.
- Responsible for the organization and coordination of primary unit functions which includes the preparation and completion of the course schedule, room scheduling for academic and student events, and assisting with the web/electronic set-up for registration.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of four years related experience. Related college course work may be considered in lieu of some of the experience requirement.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully operate office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully maintain satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully work independently, organize own work and coordinate work activities of others.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully handle multiple demands efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrated experience to successfully perform keyboard proficiency.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Desired Qualifications: (Preferred in addition to required qualifications.)
- Bachelors degree.
- Higher education work experience.
- Experience with mainframe applications.
Supervised by a designated supervisor, but is expected to work independently and apply appropriate policies and procedures within the assigned area of responsibility.
Hire, train, supervise, schedule, and coordinate the work of student employees and acts as lead worker to other COT staff members within the department/unit/division. May participate in personnel decisions such as hiring, terminating, disciplining and evaluating of COTs, but is not the decision maker.
Revised Date: March 2009
For questions regarding employment, email Human Resources Employment Information. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.