Summer Grill Challenge
June 5th, 2013
Open to all GVSU faculty and staff
June kicks off the summer months of family BBQ's and outdoor picnics! SUBMIT your healthy grilling recipe for a chance to compete in the Summer Grill Challenge Cook-off!
How to Participate
Mail: 140 Lake Michigan Hall Attn: Summer Grill Challenge
June 5th Competition Taste-Testers
- Buy a lunch to taste test a portion of each recipe! Reserve your spot now!
- Come to the Farmer’s Market on June 5th between 11:30-1pm to taste-test and vote for your favorite recipe!
- All proceeds go to the GVSU Student Food Pantry
- Recipes must be a main dish for lunch or dinner
- Recipes must include 3 in season produce items
- Cost for recipe is limited to $20 for 4 servings
- Total recipe time (preparation and cook time) is limited to 1 hour
- Recipe must include a minimum of 2 of the following components:
- Whole grain
- Low-fat dairy ingredients (if applicable)
- Meat of the lean variety or lean protein (if applicable)
Recipes must be submitted to GVSU Health and Wellness by May 24th at 5pm
June 5th Cook-off
- The top three recipes will be voted on by GVSU Health & Wellness and Campus dining.
- Participants who are selected as one of the top three to grill must be available (or send a representative on their behalf) to participate in the challenge cook-off on June 5th from 11:30am-1pm.
- Any pre-preperation needed will take place in Kirkhof center Wednesday morning by Campus Dining staff.
- Participants must use cookware provided by Campus Dining. If certain items are required it can be pre-arranged to have them available for the competition.
Participants will grill their recipe at the Farmers Market on June 5th
- Rain Plan: Kirkhof Center room TBD
Page last modified May 31, 2013