Healthy Choices Wellness Program
Healthy Choices is a free, voluntary and confidential program that helps qualifying benefit-eligible faculty and staff learn helpful information about their health, encourages them to take steps to improve or maintain it, and receive monetary rewards of up to $500 for doing so.
- Two required components:
- Know Your Numbers (Online Health Assessment and Biometric screen). Deadline, April 15, 2018.
- Health Coaching. If Health Coaching is required, participants must engage with a coach for 3 months. Deadline, September 30, 2018.
- Monetary rewards:
- Up to $500 for fac/staff and spouse participation
- Up to $300 for fac/staff
- Rewards administered directly into faculty and staff paychecks:
- Payout for Know Your Numbers component: May 2018 ($100 fac/staff, $100 spouse or household member).
- Payout for Health Coaching component: Fourth quarter 2018 ($200 fac/staff, $100 spouse or household member).
What are faculty and staff saying about this program?
"I have been working with a health coach on making a lot of small lifestyle changes that have been adding up".
"I cut down on the amount of processed meats and increased the amount of vegetables I consume".
"I quit smoking, in part, because of encouragement to do so at the screening".