Grand Valley Police Department
The Parking 411 - Lot J Commuter
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Monday –Thursday: 7:00am to 6:30pm
- Friday: 7:00am to 5:00pm
- Weekends: Only specially marked spaces and overnight parking in non-residential lots are enforced
- Non-residential lots are enforced overnight every night between 3am and 7am
- Market Place Visitor Lot - Pay Station Costs: 50 cents for 15 minutes with a maximum stay of two hours.
Meters - Costs:
- Housing Meters - 25 cents for each 15 minutes, 30 minute limit
- Academic meters - 30 cents for each 12 minutes or $1.50 per hour, 4 hour limit
- Failed or Out of Order meters are a “No-Park” zone
- Visitors must have a permit. Guests must stop in to Public Safety with photo ID and their license plate number to receive a temporary permit at no cost. Students may not pick up the permit for their guest.
- Visitors are limited to 20 overnight parking passes between Sunday and Thursday nights per school year.
- Visitors with citation balances cannot be issued permits until the outstanding balance has been paid.
- A valid disability permit and a GVSU permit are required to park in Disability parking spaces on GVSU’s campus.
- If disability parking spaces are not available, the disability permit holder may park at a meter (payment not required) or in a Faculty/Staff or Student lot only. Parking in any other space is prohibited.
- Parking in Disability spaces at pay station lots will require payment and is limited to a two hour stay.
- Motorcycles do not require a parking permit. Motorcycles may park on the yellow hash marks at the end of parking rows. Motorcycles are NOT allowed to park in the blue Disability reserved hash marks.
- Overnight parking is limited to Residential lots. Vehicles are NOT allowed to park overnight in Commuter or Faculty/Staff lots. A RESIDENTIAL permit is required.
- If your vehicle breaks down and cannot be moved overnight, the Police Department or Pew Security must be notified.
- Place your parking permit decal on the lower left side of your vehicle windshield. You may receive a citation if it is not in the proper location.
- Parking permits decals are transferrable between vehicles. The person registered is responsible for all citations incurred while the permit is displayed on a vehicle.
- Students are allowed 20 days of temporary parking permits per academic year at no cost. To use a temporary permit, bring your Student ID and license plate number to Public Safety or Pew Campus Security.
- Temporary permits are placed on the driver's side dashboard to the left of the steering wheel. Permit dates must be visible from outside the vehicle for the permit to be valid.
Lot J - Commuter
In what lots may I park? Allendale Parking Map
- Parking with this permit is ONLY allowed in LOT J, west of the barricades in the area of the lot designated for Commuter – LOT J parking.
- If a space is not available please contact Parking Services at 616-331-PARK (7275) for assistance.
On the Pew Campus: This permit is not valid
*Some lots are shared by two designations – make sure your vehicle is only parked in Student Commuter portions of these lots.
IMPORTANT! Unauthorized or improper use of this permit may result in a referral to the University Judicial process. Fraudulent use of this permit will result in its confiscation, and may result in criminal penalties. Fraudulently obtaining goods or services is a crime punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of not more than $2,000.
Page last modified June 26, 2015