Twenty new scholarships created for students
Posted on October 10, 2012
The announcement of 20 new scholarships for Grand Valley students highlighted the annual Scholarship Celebration Dinner on October 8 at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids.
More than 750 donors, students and their families attended the event.
Briette Bryant, scholarships and fellowships giving manager for University Development, said the new scholarships that were initiated during 2011-2012 brings the total number of privately funded scholarships to more than 300.
“We are excited about the growth of privately funded scholarships,” Bryant said. “Thanks to the generosity of our donors, more students than ever are able to afford a Grand Valley education.”
The 20 new scholarships are listed below:
• Carl and Claudia Bajema Grand Rapids Urban Schools Endowed Scholarship
• Charles L. Toot Memorial Golf Scholarship
• College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Endowed Scholarship
• English Faculty Scholarship for New Majors
• Gleaves Whitney Leadership Fellow Endowment at The Hauenstein Center for Presidential Studies
• Grand Valley State University Symphony Orchestra Endowed Scholarship
• John Allegrina Nontraditional Student Endowed Memorial Scholarship
• The Justice Society Endowed Scholarship
• Marcia and Jonathan White Honors College Endowed Scholarship
• The Maribeth Wardrop Leaders in Philanthropy Scholarship
• Movement Science Student Excellence Endowed Scholarship
• The Ott-Stiner Fellowship in Chemistry and Natural Sciences
• Pioneer Class Endowed Scholarship
• Rauch Family Leadership Endowed Scholarship for Portage Schools
• Redfield Financial Group Business and Baseball Endowed Scholarship
• Right Place/MMTC-West Manufacturers Council Scholarship
• Teri Linn (Houghton) Marsh Endowed Memorial Nursing Scholarship
• WGVU LZ Michigan Scholarship Endowment
• Windstream Enterprise Resource Planning Academy Award
• Windstream Enterprise Resource Planning Scholarship Fund
More than 80 percent of Grand Valley’s full-time students rely on some form of financial assistance; more than 2,000 Lakers benefit from private scholarships annually.
For more information about supporting scholarships at Grand Valley, click here or contact Bryant at (616) 331-6000.