Latin America is one of the fastest growing regional trade partners of the United States. Between 1998-2009, total U.S. merchandise trade with Latin America grew by 82 percent, compared to 72 percent for Asia.
The Van Andel Global Trade Center at Grand Valley State University is sponsoring a workshop, “Strategies for Success in Latin America,” in partnership with Lakeshore Advantage and Pure Michigan. Latin American countries have made significant progress in trade liberalization, creating numerous new opportunities in their rapidly growing markets for U.S. businesses.
Panelists at the workshop include local businessmen Dan King from Herman Miller, Randy Meppelink from Top Window Covering USA and Mike Miedema from Lakewood Process Machinery.
Strategies for Success in Latin America
Wednesday, September 18
8:30-11 a.m. (registration & breakfast at 8:15 a.m.)
GVSU Meijer Holland Campus, room 104
515 S. Waverly Road
• Gain an understanding of the dynamics of the Latin America market
• Gain insight into the biggest economies in the region
• Find out how U.S. companies can best approach the market for best export sales opportunities
• Obtain information about cultural nuances to help businesses successfully cultivate long-term relationships
• Learn best practices throughout the interactive program
To register or for more information, visit www.vagtc.org or call the Van Andel Global Trade Center at (616) 331-6811.