Students, organizations honored at annual awards ceremony
Posted on April 22, 2011
The annual Student Life Recognition Awards celebrated outstanding organizations and students at a reception April 21.
The Office of Student Life presented more than 25 program, organizational and individual awards. The Community Service Learning Center, Laker Lake Night program, Omicron Delta Kappa, and Student Senate presented awards as well.
- Educational Program - Pre-Professional Day planning team.
- Outstanding Academic Program - Student Nurses Association
- Outstanding Cultural Program - Sigma Lambda Upsilon
- Most Successful Fundraising - Student Nurses Association
- Outstanding Campus Department - Children’s Enrichment Center
- Co-Sponsorship in Programming - Spotlight Productions
- Weekend Programming - Spotlight Productions
- Downtown Program - Muslim Student Association
- Most Innovative Program - Humane Society of Grand Valley
Outstanding Program - Muslim Student Association
- The President’s Award - Derek Duzan, Latino Student Union, and Simonne Yet Kwong Horman, Panhellenic Association
- Outstanding Officer - Ken Horne, Student Senate Appropriations Committee officer, and Alyssa Tierney, Student Senate vice president of Finance
- Outstanding Advisor - Jackie Miller, Housing
- Exemplary Internal Functions - Student Nurses Association
- Best New Organization - Kids in Motion
- Most Improved Organization - Residence Housing Association
- Campus/Community Impact - Eyes Wide Open
Colleges Against Cancer received the Sheila Williams Outstanding Organization award, which is presented to an organization that has made a significant contribution to campus life, has bridged gaps between organization and individuals, and has demonstrated a commitment to service.