Impact Engine, the first impact venture accelerator in the Midwest, will be a dynamic hub for social entrepreneurs and impact investment in the region. Grand Valley State University’s Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is a partner in this effort designed to support market-based, for-profit startups that have potential for scale, profitability and significant social impact.
The Impact Engine accelerator is a 12-week program, based in Chicago, that provides social entrepreneurs with seed capital, mentorship, business support and access to a network of impact investors. Applications are due in June and the program kicks off in September. A reception announcing the initiative to local businesses is being held at Grand Valley on April 10.
Impact Engine reception
Devos Center, University Club, 107 C DeVos
Pew Grand Rapids Campus, 401 W. Fulton St.
Impact Engine Program Highlights include:
* Seed Capital: $20,000 in seed funding to each portfolio company
* Expert Network/Mentorship: Access to team of seasoned professionals with relevant expertise
* Master Classes: Business strategy & development classes led by successful entrepreneurs
* Collaborative Workspace: Housed in the 1871 tech center in Chicago
* Investor Day: Opportunity for portfolio companies to pitch to investors
For more information contact Shorouq Almallah, GVSU Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation, (616) 331-7256 or visit www.TheImpactEngine.com