Student Food Pantry seeks donations
Posted on October 04, 2012
Grand Valley’s Student Food Pantry, located in the Women’s Center, is partnering with Access of West Michigan to host a campus-wide food drive.
Faculty and staff members will receive a brown paper bag in their mailbox, asking to fill up the bag with donations for the Student Food Pantry and drop off at designated locations on campus by Monday, October 15.
Since the Student Food Pantry opened its doors in 2009, there have been more than 1,000 visits. Items in high demand include laundry detergent, shampoo/conditioner, pasta sauce, oatmeal, peanut butter, canned chicken, cereal, soap, tuna fish, pasta, granola bars and toilet paper.
Drop off locations:
- Women’s Center, room 1201, Kirkhof Center
- Cheryl Fischer, room 1126 Services Building
- Connie Ingham, room 212, Henry Hall
- CLAS Dean’s office, room B-4-232, Mackinac Hall
- Hollie Rago, room 201, Lake Michigan Hall
- Fran Cain, room 288C, DeVos Center
- Rose Yoder, room 515, Meijer Holland Campus
- Cheryl Borgman, room 300, Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences
- Roxana Taylor, room 100, Annis Water Resources Institute
For more information, contact the Women’s Center at (616) 331-2748.