Deadline extended for MLK service award nominations
Posted on December 17, 2012
The deadline has been extended to nominate a West Michigan individual or organization for the first Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Service Award presented by Grand Valley.
University officials said the deadline to receive nominations is January 4. The award will be presented during the 2013 King Commemoration Week, set for January 20-26.
GVSU created the award to honor an individual or organization who best portrays the spirit of King’s teachings and examples. Criteria for nominating an individual or business/organization include the following:
• Leadership in community building
• Advocacy for educational excellence
• Furthering economic opportunity
• Promotion of social justice
• Advancing cultural awareness
• Adherence to the principles of non-violence
• Advancing organizational diversity and inclusion values
A nomination form and more information can be found online at www.gvsu.edu/mlk.
Nominations can be sent to:
Division of Inclusion and Equity
Grand Valley State University
1 Campus Drive 10 JHZ
Allendale, MI 49401
They also can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, call the Division of Inclusion and Equity at (616) 331-3296.