AP, service awards presented
Posted on April 30, 2013
Doug Wentworth received the Achievement Award at the annual Administrative/Professional luncheon held April 25 in the Kirkhof Center.
Wentworth is the director of auxiliary services and has been instrumental in developing and implementing changes to the Campus Dining program and developing the new Laker Marketplace concept for the new University Bookstore.
Other awards that were presented are listed below.
• Service to Community: Santiago Zapata (posthumously) and Arnie Smithalexander, director of TRiO Upward Bound;
• Outstanding Academic Advising and Student Services Award: Amanda Cuevas, director of Meijer Office of Fellowships;
• Commitment to Diversity: Cindy Bartman, standard patient coordinator;
• Commitment to Students: James Krikke, lab supervisor for chemistry;
• Innovation Award: Brian Van Doeselaar, associate controller;
• Outstanding Team Project: Laker for a Lifetime “I’m on a Boat” Video; Tim Nott, Michelle Burke, Jill Dooley, Bob Brown, Leah Twilley, Fred Mooney, Jarrett Martus, Courtney Zudweg and Chris Barbee.
Medallions were presented to staff members with 25 years of service: Jacqueline Cuppy, John Koches, Ed Lindeman, Tom Norman, Pam Potter, Joy Seeley and Michael Walenta.