Battle of the Valleys benefits Make-A-Wish Foundation
Posted on October 31, 2011
For the ninth year in a row, Grand Valley State University will compete head-to-head with Saginaw Valley State University in a weeklong battle to raise the most donations for a selected charity. Proceeds from this year’s competition will be donated to Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Battle of the Valleys will take place November 6-12 and consists of a variety of events and fundraisers. The winner will be announced at half time during the Grand Valley vs. Saginaw Valley football game at Grand Valley’s Lubbers Stadium on Saturday, November 12.
Sponsored by Grand Valley’s Student Senate, Battle of the Valleys has raised more than $100,000 for local charities since the event began in 2003. The campus tradition aims to develop school pride and bring together students to support a charitable cause. Each university chooses a local organization to raise money for the week prior to the football game.
Donations go live online at midnight on November 6. Other ways to donate include:
- Find an on campus contribution spot or drop off donations at the Student Senate office in room 0040 of the Kirkhof Center;
- Donate a dollar while purchasing a meal at any on campus food location;
- Attend and contribute at any Battle of the Valleys event;
- Buy a Battle of the Valleys T-shirt;
- Online here; donations go live at midnight on November 6.
For more information about Battle of the Valleys visit www.gvsu.edu/battleofthevalleys or contact Christine Thiele, Student Senate member, at email@example.com.