GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — In 2008, Michigan companies exported $438 million worth of goods to Brazil and $365 million worth of goods to Russia. Grand Valley State University's Van Andel Global Trade Center is hosting a full-day program to explore potential business opportunities in these emerging markets.
The program will give an economic and political overview of both countries and discuss supply chain management, legal and finance infrastructure, cultural differences, market needs and best practices. The day will be split, focusing on Brazil in the morning and Russia in the afternoon. Lunch will be provided for those who register for the entire day. Parking and program materials are free to all attendees.
The event will be held on Thursday, November 5, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Grand Valley State University’s Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences, 301 Michigan Street NE. Featured speakers for the Brazil program are:
• Kevin Ecclesine, president, Global Growth Associates
• Juan Carlos Gómez, founder and principal, G21Consulting
• Vita Marlotti, president, Avalon
Featured speakers for the Russia program are:
• T. James Min II Esq., vice president, DHL Express USA
• Randolph M. Wright, general counsel, Berry Moorman PC
• Steve Swanson, vice president/COO, Imperial Clinical Research Services
To register online, visit www.vagtc.org/trainings. The cost for the workshop is $175 for VAGTC members, and $300 for non-members.
The event is sponsored by Imperial Clinical Research Services, Inc. and MiBiz. For more information, contact the Van Andel Global Trade Center at (616) 331-6811.