Grand Valley has teamed with the Alliance for Health to host a panel discussion about the health care reform law and its impact on West Michigan.
A panel of experts in law, insurance, business and health care will discuss the Affordable Care Act at 6:30 p.m., July 17, at Loosemore Auditorium, DeVos Center. The event is free and open to the public.
Jean Nagelkerk, vice provost for Health, planned the forum with Lody Zwarensteyn, president of the Alliance for Health. Nagelkerk said she expects audience members to have many questions specific to Medicaid and other aspects of the law. “We wanted to host this panel because so many people in the community are talking about this and needing to get more information,” she said.
Panelists at the July 17 forum will include:
• Carl Ver Beek, an attorney with Varnum, who will serve as moderator;
• Steve Heacock, Spectrum Health;
• Ron Palmer, Grand Valley Health Plan;
• Robert Roth, RoMan Manufacturing;
• Mary Alice Williams, Nokomis Foundation;
• Vondie Woodbury, of Mercy Health Partners, Muskegon Community Health Project.
To RSVP for the event, contact the Alliance for Health (616) 248-3820 or email@example.com