Thesis and Dissertation Information
Requirements and Deadlines
BEFORE beginning the Thesis or Dissertation process, students must meet with an advisor or Graduate Program Director to review the department specific guidelines and proposal information.
Students are required to remain continuously enrolled in either 695/696 or 795/796 once a thesis/dissertation is started, until the end of the semester of graduation.
Deadlines for 2017-18 Defenses and Completion:
- All students wishing to defend a thesis or dissertation in Fall 2017 must do so by November 27, 2017.
- All approval documents are due to The Graduate School by December 15, 2017 for a Fall 2017 graduation date.
- All students wishing to defend a thesis or dissertation in Winter 2018 must do so by April 6, 2018.
- All approval documents are due to The Graduate School by April 28, 2018 for a Winter 2018 graduation date.
- All students wishing to defend a thesis or dissertation in Spring/Summer 2018 must do so by July 17, 2018.
- All approval documents are due to The Graduate School by August 7, 2018 for a Spring/Summer 2018 graduation date.
For assistance with any of these forms or questions regarding the guidelines, please contact the Thesis and Dissertation Coordinator in The Graduate School at (616) 331-7105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ScholarWorks Submission Forms
Current Student Resources
Current Students: Information about opportunities, policies and procedures, thesis and dissertation, student services, etc