The GVSU Multicultural Greek Council (MGC) is currently home to six Greek Letter Organizations. They are:
- Delta Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. (Asian Interest Sorority)
- Delta Tau Lambda Sorority, Inc. (Latina Based Multicultural Sorority)
- Phi Iota Alpha International Fraternity, Inc. (Latino-based Fraternity)
- Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity, Inc. (Latino-based Multicultural Fraternity)
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc.(Multicultural Sorority)
- Sigma Lambda Upsilon Sorority, Inc. (Latina-based Not Latina Exclusive Sorority)
The Multicultural Greek Council is the governing body for all nationally based fraternities and sororities which do not hold membership in the North-American Interfraternity Conference (NIC), National Panhellenic Conference (NPC), and National Pan-Hellenic Conference, Inc. (NPHC). Our membership is open to national fraternities who hold membership in: NALFO, NAPA, NMGC, PFA or another comparable governing board as determined by the MGC.
The Council serves as the governing body of those organizations whose purpose is to promote leadership, community service, social activities, co-sponsor educational and cultural programs, and promote cultural awareness through various involvement in the Grand Valley and Greater Grand Rapids communities.