Data Management by NSF Directorate
Guidance by Directorate, Office, Division, Program, or other NSF Unit
Some NSF directorates have issued their own guidelines for the preparation of the data management plan. These guidelines are not intended to replace the guidance given in the PAPPG; if there is a conflict, theGrant Proposal Guide, Chapter II.C.2.j takes precedence.
Links to data management requirements and plans relevant to specific Directorates, Offices, Divisions, Programs, or other NSF units, are provided below. If guidance specific to the program is not provided, then the requirements established in Grant Proposal Guide, Chapter II.C.2.j apply.
Please note that if a specific program solicitation provides guidance on preparation of data management plans, such guidance must be followed.
- Biological Sciences Directorate (BIO)
- Computer & Information Sciences & Engineering (CISE)
- Education & Human Resources Directorate (EHR)
- Engineering Directorate (ENG)
- Geosciences Directorate (GEO)
- Mathematical and Physical Sciences Directorate (MPS)
- Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences Directorate (SBE)
Page last modified October 17, 2011