Where to find us
The offices of the Department of Public Health, consisting of the Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) and the Clinical Dietetics (M.S.) programs, are on the third floor of 545 Michigan Street NE. The building also houses The Omelette Shoppe and El Barrio restaurants and is located immediately south of the new Hampton Inn & Suites. We are less than a half mile east of the Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences, where most of our MPH and CD classes are held. Note: there are no GVSU classes held at our location. Map.
545 Michigan Street NE, Suite 300
Use the building entrance located on the northwest corner of the building. An elevator or stairs can be used to reach the third floor—our office is located immediately across from the elevator doors.
How to get here
From I-196: take the College Street exit and head south. Turn left onto Michigan Street, and left again on Paris Ave. Entrances to the Hampton Inn parking ramp are located off of both Paris Ave and the road to our east, Dudley Place.
Taking the Bus
From Allendale/GVSU: Route 50 will bring you to CHS. Head east on Michigan Street to Paris Ave.; it's about a 6-8 min walk.
Other bus routes: Route 15 and Route 19 will each take you to the corner of Michigan and College. We are 1 block east of those bus stops. Route 13 has a stop on Michigan, between College & Paris Ave.
Free parking is available in the Hampton Inn & Suites parking ramp for our visiting students and other guests!
Directions for Free Parking:
- The Hampton Inn is located immediately north of our building, and the parking ramp can be accessed from both Paris Ave and Dudley Place NE.
- Upon arriving at the parking entrance, follow the automated directions and push the button to receive a ticket and activate the gate.
- After parking, we suggest you bring your ticket with you to the Public Health office, to ensure you receive enough validation for the time you have been parked.
- Before leaving our offices, please stop by the front desk to receive your validation slip.
- When leaving the parking ramp, insert your ticket, then place your validation slip into the scanner for the parking gate to open.