Admissions for Public Health, M.P.H.
The Application Deadline has been extended! Don't delay - get your application in today! Applications are still being accepted for the Fall 2017 Master of Public Health program in Grand Rapids for a limited time.
Applications for Fall 2018 are being accepted for the MPH program in Traverse City until Feb 1, 2018.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Submission of all required admission materials, including:
- Completed graduate application for admission
- $30 nonrefundable application fee (unless you have previously applied to Grand Valley)
- Official copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended. Transcripts must be sent from those institutions directly to the GVSU Admissions Office. NOTE: We do not require official transcripts from Grand Valley
- Test scores from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), or IELTS (International English Language Testing System), or MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) for applicants whose native language is not English. Only original score reports will be accepted.
In addition to the University requirements of admission, all students seeking a degree for the Master of Public Health (MPH) must also meet the following requirements:
- Grade point average of 3.0 (B) from all undergraduate coursework
- Recommendations: Two recommendations received. You can provide the emails of three references in your account at www.gvsu.edu/gradapply, and they will be sent a link to fill out for their online recommendation
Essay/Personal Statement Requirements
All applicants must provide a written statement that addresses both of the following questions. The overall response should not exceed two, double-spaced pages (maximum).
- What would make you an excellent candidate for the Grand Valley State University MPH program?
- What are your expectations for a future career in Public Health (highlighting your emphasis area of interest)?
- The Application Review Committee reserves the right to require additional information it deems appropriate, including GRE test scores.
- The committee may also require applicants to appear for an oral interview