Educational Specialist in Leadership (Ed.S)
Grand Valley State University's Educational Specialist in Leadership (Ed.S) degree builds upon the masters degree to prepare current and future leaders who are well-equipped to deal with the complex challenges of an ever-changing educational environment.
Grand Valley State University's College of Education is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association (NCA). The faculty are leaders in their fields, melding together the philosophy of education and your needs as a practitioner.
Why pursue an Educational Specialist in Leadership program at Grand Valley?
- Career-oriented. The program's meaningful clinical experiences, case methods of teaching, and pragmatic curriculum are geared to the specific knowledge and skills required by district leaders and superintendents at different career stages.
- Service. Our full-time Student Information and Services Center provides the support you need with expert advising, program planning, field placement, and more.
- Flexible. Evening, weekend, and summer classes make it easier for teachers and administrators to plan their schedules. Some classes are offered online.
The Specialist in Leadership (Ed.S) program is a minimum of 30 credits.
Click here to see the course options.
The $30 application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University.
Graduate Applications Deadlines
- May 15* — Fall Semester Application Deadline
- September 15* — Winter Semester Application Deadline
- February 15* — Spring/Summer Semester Application Deadline
*PLEASE NOTE: Early application is strongly encouraged. Applicants will be admitted on the basis of program approval. Applications received after the deadline will be considered. When all application materials have been received, Admissions will forward the complete portfolio for consideration to the College of Education – Student Information and Services Center. Once an application is complete, candidates should allow 4-6 weeks for written notification of their admission status.
For more information on tuition and fees, please visit the costs portion of the GVSU Financial Aid website. For financial support, scholarship search, and filing for FAFSA, please visit the GVSU Financial Support website.
Note: Grand Valley does not charge a higher tuition rate based on residency. Tuition is based on the program in which you chose to enroll.