The admission process and acceptance into the KCON graduate programs is highly competitive. Applicants will be required to submit:
- GVSU graduate application.
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate programs that verify completion of baccalaureate and/or master's program(s) in nursing from AACN- or NLN-accredited schools. GPA will be calculated using all college coursework. 3.0/4.0 is required.
- Current curriculum vitae or résumé.
- GRE scores (documentation required). In general, GRE scores for the successful applicant are 153 and higher for verbal scale, 144 and higher for the quantitative scale, and 4.0 for analytical writing. The GRE requirement will be waived for post-BSN applicants who have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.3 and higher and for post-MSN applicants who have a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.3 and higher.
- Educational and professional goal statement. Statement must articulate an area of focus (advanced generalist, advanced clinical, or administrative practice) and describe how attaining a graduate nursing degree will facilitate goal achievement. Statement should be approximately two typed, double-spaced pages.
- Scholarly writing sample will be solicited during a designated time (February/March) on a specified topic. Applicants will submit this electronically as directed.
- Interview with KCON faculty.
- TOEFL score (for international students only).
Full admission is contingent on the following:
- Current licensure to practice in Michigan
- Successful completion of a required criminal background check and drug screen
- Compliance with health record, immunization, and other KCON graduate program requirements.
Page last modified April 10, 2014