- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on the last 60 credits of undergraduate work. Applicants with less than a 3.0 may meet alternate admissions criteria such as professional work experience, personal interview, or academic success in specified courses.
- Background coursework in Communication Theory, Research Methods, and Statistics.
Submission of all required admission materials, including:
- Completed graduate application for admission
- $30 nonrefundable application fee (unless you have previously applied to Grand Valley)
- Official copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended. Transcripts must be sent from those institutions directly to the GVSU Admissions Office. NOTE: We do not require official transcripts from Grand Valley
- For those whose native language is NOT English, scores from either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or CELT- Comprehensive English Language Test.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- An interview with a representative from the School of Communications.
Page last modified November 22, 2013