International Students for Computer Information Systems, M.S.
The MS-CIS program welcomes students from numerous countries around the world. This page contains useful information, as well as links to further information.
- All international students must demonstrate satisfactory English proficiency. This can be done in two ways. 1) Earn at least a 144 on the verbal portion of the GRE (or be ranked in the 15th percentile or higher). 2) Earn at least a 7 on the IELTS.
TOEFL and IELTS
- The university requires a minimum TOEFL score of 80, or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- We strongly encourage all international students to start their program in a Fall semester. However, you may enter in a Winter semester (January), but you must pay careful attention to the course offering schedule and course prerequisites to ensure you can take courses in a timely manner.
- The deadline for a Fall entry is May 1
- The deadline for a Winter entry is October 15
If you are required to be a full-time student (3 courses), here are the courses that you may consider to start with:
- Fall Start: CIS 500, 612, 641, or 661
- Winter Start: CIS 501, 611, 613, or 661
Resources and Links
International Graduate Student Admissions - apply today
Padnos International Center - home away from home for international students
Employment Opportunities - career services
International Student Orientation - to help you feel comfortable here
Admitted International Students - for visa information, on-campus housing, class registration, student life opportunities
International Transcript Evaluation Services - companies that offer international transcript evaluating