CMB M.S., Research Emphasis
Students interested in the research emphasis will take an intensive internship that provides hands-on learning in the field.
- Overall requirements consist of 35 credits, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- All students will be limited to an eight-year period to complete their degree.
Successful progress towards completion of the degree and continued enrollment requires:
- A student's Graduate Committee Chair be determined before admission
- The Mentor (who may also be the Graduate Committee Chair) be determined before the end of the student's first semester of enrollment
- Student's Graduate Committee be appointed before the end of the second semester of enrollment.
- A student must pass the qualifying exam before registering for thesis or internship credits. The purpose of the qualifying exam is to ensure that students have adequate science knowledge and skills background to successfully complete their degree.
CMB 501: Scientific Communication for the Life Sciences and Professional Science Mater (3 cr.)
CMB 505: Advanced Cell Biology (3 cr.)
CMB 506: Advanced Molecular Biology (3 cr.)
CMB 695: Thesis Research (1 to 9 cr.)
CMB 696: Perspectives in Cell and Molecular Biology (capstone, 2 cr. )
STA 622: Statistical Methods for Biologists (3 cr.)
ELECTIVES: Students will take 15 credit hours of electives, which are selected in consultation with their advisor and thesis committee chair. Electives are tailored to meet the individual student's career goals and research interests.
See other options with our biotechnology emphasis.