Master of Science (M.S.) in Biostatistics at Grand Valley
Grand Valley State University's Master of Science (M.S.) in Biostatistics, part of Grand Rapids' only Professional Science Master's degree program, is a member of the National Professional Science Master's Association (NPSMA). Our biostatisticians are prepared for leadership, apply and develop statistical techniques in the biological and health sciences industries, and benefit from valuable internship experiences with graduate placement. Graduates of the program often go on to careers in design, data management, data analysis, consulting, statistical training, and the application of statistical software: See more.
Why Study Biostatistics at Grand Valley?
- In Demand. Master's level biostatisticians are in demand, resulting in higher starting salaries within exciting scientific work environments.
- Well Connected. Partners such as the Van Andel Research Institute and Spectrum Health provide formal support for internships and continuing assistance to GVSU students.
- Successful Graduates. Graduates of the GVSU biostatistics master's program have secured employment with outstanding employers such as Van Andel Institute, Pfizer, the Henry Ford Health System, and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
- Flexibility. Class times later in the day allow degree completion by working professionals.
- Experiential Learning. The program is very applied with an emphasis on modern statistical techniques using prominent statistical software.
March 14, 2017
Brandy Pitcher, graduate of the Biostatistics program, finds success at Duke University pursuing her passions of science and math.
The Biostatistics (M.S.) P.S.M program is a minimum of 36 credits. The three PSM programs are interdisciplinary and feature common core courses. The biostatistics program features:
- Directed courses in biostatistics
- An internship
- A culminating capstone experience
Students will need to take prerequisite courses before applying to this program.
See the full course list.
For more information on tuition and fees, please visit the costs portion of the GVSU Financial Aid website. For financial support, scholarship search, and filing for FAFSA, please visit the GVSU Financial Support website.
Note: Grand Valley does not charge a higher tuition rate based on residency. Tuition is based on the program in which you chose to enroll.