Admissions for Biomedical Sciences, M.H.S.
Thank you for your interest in the Biomedical Sciences, M.H.S. program at Grand Valley State University. Please find our detailed admission requirements below.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Submission of all required admission materials, including:
- Completed graduate application for admission
- $30 nonrefundable application fee (unless you have previously applied to Grand Valley)
- Official copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended. Transcripts must be sent from those institutions directly to the GVSU Admissions Office. NOTE: We do not require official transcripts from Grand Valley.
- Test scores from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), or IELTS (International English Language Testing System), or MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) for applicants whose native language is not English. Only original score reports will be accepted.
In addition to the University requirements, the following Program requirements need to be met for consideration of admission:
- Cumulative G.P.A of 3.0 (B) or higher in undergraduate course work.
- Showing aptitude by work experience, and capacity for study as indicated by previous academic records showing aptitude for graduate level course work as indicated by previous academic records.
- GRE, MCAT, or DAT scores.
- Three reference letters from individuals who can support your academic potential to be successful in a graduate program.
- Personal statement with clear indication of interests and goals.