Medical and Bioinformatics PSM Program Advisory Board
The Medical and Bioinformatics PSM Program Advisory Board meets twice each year and advises the program on curriculum development and continuing education. It also serves as an important contact between the program and the healthcare, medical informatics, and bioinformatics community.
- Obtain advice on all matters pertaining to the Medical and Bioinformatics curriculum (goals, curriculum development, and modifications to content of current courses).
- Keep current with the area hospitals, research institutions, and company requirements for masters-level medical and bioinformatics positions (both technical and non-technical skill requirements).
- Communicate a clearer understanding of our students.
- Promote more job opportunities for our graduates.
- Promote more internship opportunities for our students.
- Obtain advice on continuing education offerings. Explore the potential need for onsite company training.
- Obtain guest lecturers and adjunct faculty from area companies.
- Foster an understanding of the strengths and areas of specialization of the faculty, who could serve as resources to companies.
- Identify company personnel (and their areas of expertise) who could serve as resources to the Medical and Bioinformatics Program.
- Identify areas of mutual interest in order to develop collaborative programs, such as joint research projects and faculty/industry exchanges.
- Provide an opportunity for networking among board members.
Board Member Details:
- Three year tenure (can be renewed at mutual agreement)
- Members are encouraged, but not mandated, to participate or contribute according to their time schedule
Page last modified March 23, 2014