Below are some opportunities for Geography and Planning students:
- Mark Clute Mapping Technologies Scholarship. The award is targeted to those who major or minor in geospatial technologies (cartography, GIS, remote sensing). If you want to see if you qualify, see Dr. Wagendorp.
Study Abroad/Language Learning Scholarships and Fellows
- David L. Boren Undergraduate Scholarship, National Security Education Program (NSEP). Focuses on study abroad to learn languages and acquire area expertise critical to U.S. National Security. One need not have studied the target language. There is a post-award service requirement with the U.S. Government (see web site).
- Fulbright Fellowships. Awarded for study/research, English-Teaching Assistantships, and "Special Programs" (Critical Language Enhancement Awards, Country-Specific Awards) Awarded to those with Bachelor's degree by the beginning date of the grant. Basically, the award is a prestigious stepping stone out of Grand Valley and into your career.
- Gilman International Scholarship.This scholarship provides awards for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding to participate in study abroad programs worldwide.
- National Flagship Language Program, National Security Education Program (NSEP). Focuses on study abroad to achieve a superior level of fluency in target languages and acquire area expertise critical to U.S. National Security. Awarded to those holding a Bachelor's degree, enrolled in a Master's degree-granting Flagship program (see web site), and holding a "superior" proficiency in the target language (Arabic, Korean, Chinese or Farsi).