General Education Program
Changes to MTH 110
How do I fulfill the Math 110 proficiency?
Below are the ways to meet MTH 110 Proficiency:
Successful completion of the Math 110 course OR
- Initial mathematics placement of “waive MTH 110” or the Advanced Waiver.
- Pass the MTH 110 proficiency test (www.gvsu.edu/testserv)
- Transfer credit for MTH 110, 122, 123, 125, 201, 202, 203, 225 or 302.
- AP credit for MTH 201 and/or 202. (Score of 3 or higher required.)
- CLEP credit for MTH 122 or 201.
If you are a student that started at GVSU BEFORE FALL 2011:
1. You must meet MTH 110 Proficiency, even if you fulfill GE Mathematical Science - Foundation (MS-F) or MACRAO elsewhere
2. You must adopt a new catalog (2011-12)
If you are a New Transfer Student:
1. If you fulfilled MACRAO then you have fulfilled MS-F
2. You can transfer in any course in MS-F. If so, you have then fulfilled MS-F
If you need MS-F, you must show MTH 110 Proficiency
If you are a New Freshman:
1. Math 110 course, or proficiency (see list above), is a pre-requisite for MS-F
Page last modified April 19, 2013