Salaried Staff FWA Guidelines
- After the application form for a FWA is approved it should be forwarded to the Human Resources Representative..
- Staff members considering a reduced FWA schedule should discuss any potential impact on staff compensation and benefits with the Human Resources & Benefits offices.
- Staff members who have completed their probationary period are eligible to apply for a flexible work schedule.
- All FWAs will be granted on a pilot basis for up to 3 months. Decision to grant or deny a FWA is solely up to the supervisor and appointing officer and is not subject to a grievance procedure.
- Staff and supervisor should discuss the work schedule for weeks that include holidays.
- All staff are required to allow at least ½ hour for lunch.
- A supervisor or staff member, with reasonable notice, may terminate or modify the FWA at any time.
- If a FWA is agreed to, typically a staff member will be able to return to their original work arrangement. However, this should be discussed during the approval process.