New Faculty Resources and Orientation
New Faculty Orientation
The primary aim of this informative session is to orient you to the mission, vision, and values of GVSU, and to provide you with an overview of services available to you as a faculty member, including resources to support your teaching.
At New Faculty Orientation, participants will:
- become familiar with key campus personnel, policies and resources integral to faculty and student success
- develop an understanding of the mission, historical context, educational philosophy, and organizational culture
- explore technology, library, and other institutional resources
- examine and select benefit options
- begin to develop a network of professional relationships with your colleagues
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
AM - Kirkhof Center
PM - Mary Idema Pew Library Learning and Information Commons
(Parking in Lots H, K, or G, no permit required)
Thursday, August 10, 2017
8:30am - 3pm
Pew Grand Rapids Campus
L William Seidman Center
(Parking in the Fulton Street lot, no permit required)
New Faculty Teaching Institute
Held on August 15 and 16, the Institute is designed specifically for those new faculty who are relatively new to teaching and is limited to 30 participants. Click here for details and a link to the registration form.
First Year Faculty Mentoring Communities
The First Year Faculty Mentoring Communities is a university-wide program designed to acculturate new faculty to GV and to provide robust teaching support and general information on scholarship, service, and career planning to all new faculty. Follow this link for details.