National Conversations about Teaching & Learning
To help faculty with the larger conversations around curriculum development, student learning, and teaching approaches, we have gathered a set of resources for your consideration.
ASSOCIATION OF AMERICAN COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES (AAC&U)
- The main AAC&U website lists upcoming events and breaking news
- Liberal education initiatives, including Liberal Education & America's Promise (LEAP)
- The Essential Learning Outcomes
- Principles of Excellence for 21st Century Learning
- High-Impact Educational Practices
- Making the Case for Liberal Education: Responding to Challenges, 2006 report
- Greater Expectations: A New Vision for Learning as a Nation Goes to College, 2002 report
For access to AAC&U reports and materials, please contact Christine Rener in the Pew FTLC, one of the GVSU AAC&U Institutional Representatives
These oft-cited pieces have stood the test of time.
Barr, R. & Tagg, J. From Teaching and Learning: A New Paradigm for Undergraduate Education. Change, November/December 1995, 13-25.
Chickering, A. & Gamson, Z. Seven Principles for Good Practice in Undergraduate Education, AAHE Bulletin, March 1987, 3-7.